Time and age can take their toll on our smiles. After all, our teeth get plenty of wear every day. With today’s dentistry techniques and technology, our dentist in Nanaimo at Terminal Park Dental Clinic can restore chipped, cracked, broken, too-spaced, or discoloured teeth … and make your smile look better than ever – with dental veneers!
Veneers Can Disguise The Tooth Flaws You’d Prefer To Keep To Yourself
A dental veneer is an extremely thin – yet strong – tooth-coloured composite resin or porcelain shell that covers the front surface of your tooth. Here are some of the benefits of veneers, in addition to helping your smile stand out:
- Brighten teeth that have been discoloured by coffee, tea, red wine, or even medications like tetracycline
- Hide cracks, small gaps, and chips
- Correct misshapen teeth
- Straighten the look of slightly crooked or recessed teeth
- Create uniformity in your smile by correcting colour, shape, and size of a tooth (or teeth).
Veneers can also:
- Lengthen teeth that are too short
- Shorten teeth that are too long
- Re-proportion your smile
- Strengthen large restorations in front teeth
- Close spaces between some teeth
- Correct color of badly stained teeth
- Restore chipped and cracked teeth
- and much more…
Are veneers different from bonding?
Definitely. Porcelain veneers are…
- custom-made by lab technicians
- one solid piece instead of applied in layers – no chipping
- stronger and longer lasting – less likely to become discoloured
- completely natural looking.
It can take either one or two visits to our office to prepare your teeth and apply veneers, depending on the type we use for your unique circumstance, but whichever we use, both porcelain and composite are beautiful and have their own unique benefits.
A healthy shiny smile goes a long way. But many of us aren’t completely satisfied with how we look when we flash our pearly whites … when they become stained, dull, or damaged. If you think dental veneers may help you smile more, contact our office to schedule a convenient appointment. Can’t wait? Give our friendly team a call and we’ll book your consultation. Let’s get your smile on!
Yours in excellent dental health,
Drs. Savoie & Gill, your dentists in Nanaimo
P.S. If you’re new to our practice and would like an appointment, we’d love to hear from you! Call us or fill out our convenient online appointment request form.